A Daily Dose Makes a Difference
It is the SPICE OF LIFE that we all should be including in our diets daily. The health benefits are extensive, and even more so when this spice is paired with black pepper to enhance absorption.
Add it to your eggs, potatoes, grilled or sautéed veggies, soups, salad dressings, pasta and rice dishes, quinoa, grilled chicken or turkey burgers.
TURMERIC (which contains curcumin):
- Is the spice that gives curry it’s color and has been used for thousands of years in India as a medicinal herb.
- Is one of the highest rated anti-inflammatory and antioxidant food sources preventing damage from free-radicals.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease and improves brain function.
- Fights age-related disease and depression.
- Boosts immunity and improves circulation.
WARNING: Turmeric will stain your clothes and nails…so take precautions when cooking with it.
As I posted on Facebook last night, this summer has been a blast! Traveling, spending precious time with friends and family 🙂 Having just returned from our last vacation of the summer on Sunday, feeling the need to detox a bit and get back to my regular eating habits; I made myself a cup of turmeric detox tea last night before bed, which was quite good and FULL of health goodness.
As promised, I wanted to share the recipe with you all. Try it and post your thoughts in comments.
Turmeric Detox Tea
3/4 – 1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of black pepper
1 tsp local honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract