A New Season, a New You and New Recipes
A new month, a new season, a new you, a few new recipes……
I got a message this morning from someone who closely follows my blog and Facebook page, asking for some more SIMPLE recipes. We all want simple recipes, right? I know I certainly don’t want to read a laundry list of ingredients to prepare food for my family!!
I love getting feedback from people who read my blog – it’s true! I really do want to hear from you because without feedback, how can I help you all to the best of my ability, providing you with the tools YOU need to live a fulfilled and healthy life?
So, I want to share a couple of things.
First thing is first. Have you ever heard that healthy people tend to be creatures of habit with their nutrition? I was just discussing this with my PiYo challenge group earlier this week. This is true – healthier, active, fit people tend to eat the same things over and over. This doesn’t mean we don’t switch things up and cook them differently or try new foods; but for the most part we are creatures of habit when it comes to fueling our bodies.
My food choices change with the seasons somewhat. I enjoy food that is fresh, tasty and nutrient dense and always buy local, if possible.
Reason being to enjoy fresher food and supporting our local farmers! I don’t want my family eating food that has been shipped thousands of miles, lost most of its nutrients on the truck, is lacking flavor and on the verge of growing green fuzzies.
Here are a couple of seasonable and simple recipes that I am currently enjoying:
Sweet Potato & Arugula
- 1 medium organic sweet potato
- 1 cup of arugula
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- Cook the sweet potato (I use the microwave at lunch time for quicker prep). Cut in 1/2 lengthwise. Top with arugula and goat cheese. Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice and salt over top. For an extra protein punch, add some raw pumpkin seeds.
Low-fat, Low Calorie Quick Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 medium-sized eggplant (should be firm to the squeeze when picking one out)
- 1 cup sauce (if I don’t have any homemade, my favorite is Victoria brand)
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, granulated garlic
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds and lay on cookie sheet. Top with lemon juice and seasonings. Add a spoonful of sauce onto each slice. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese, feta or fresh grated Parmesan.
Second, let’s touch on some fall fitness 🙂 I want to share with you a program I am SUPER excited about BECAUSE…not only is it on sale this month, but this is also the program for my SEPTEMBER ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP that starts on Monday 9/15!!
SO… that means for anyone interested, the time to commit is NOW because the deadline to join is in ONE WEEK!!
Here is the deal – you do not have to be local AND for this month only you can save on the 21-Day Fix Challenge Pack (which includes Shakeology, the workouts, nutrition guide and containers for portions) AND join my accountability group will give you the support, motivation and encouragement you need to get results! *You will save $70 as opposed to ordering items separately.*
But,why should I do the 21-Day Fix??
– It is simple! A nutrition and fitness program that makes losing weight easy and for anyone. It’s learning how to eat, what to eat and about how much your body REALLY needs without feeling like you have to cut everything out of your diet.
Easy-to-follow portion control and 30-minute workouts take the guesswork out of losing weight to help you see results fast— some have lost up to 15 pounds in just 21 days! It’s simple, it’s fast, and it works.
Why is 21 Day Fix effective?
– Again, it’s simple! You don’t have to count calories, points, or log your food into diet software. With 21 Day Fix, everything is laid out for you. All you have to do is use the specially designed portion-control containers and do one 30-minute workout per day. Commit to it for 21 days, and you’re going to love your results
This is the perfect way to get back on track after summer and feel great going into fall and the holidays. PLUS, anyone who orders before this Friday will get a free gift in the mail from me!!
DON’T WAIT! ARE YOU READY?? Let’s do this!
Contact me with any questions OR go to www.beachbodycoach.com/vitality9
Click on SHOP, SEPTEMBER PROMOTIONS, 21-DAY FIX CHALLENGE PACK
OK, one more FALL recipe for you all ….Apple and Butternut Squash Soup!
Bon Appetite 🙂