Cookie Dough Dip!
Helllooooo Friday and Day 19! Wow – I cannot believe it has been almost 3 weeks since we started on this Eat Clean journey.
This week and today have flown by ( I started this email at 8:15 this morning) but at the same time, seems as though this week has gone on forever! We had many things planned for today and this weekend, that have all been cancelled due to sleet and freezing rain….so here we are, stuck in the house!
Now what better way to spend my time than sharing some delicious recipes with you all!
This one is one that the kids will LOVE (and the adults too!!) – it is great to take to a party as an appetizer or share with the family for a dessert. You will be amazed at the taste and it is HEALTHY!! I found myself licking the bowl!
- 1 ½ cups chick peas – drained and rinsed
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nut butter (you can use slightly less if you do not want it so nutty tasting)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 to 3 tbsp oats
- sweetener: recipe calls for 2/3 cup brown sugar. I used about ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup instead.
Put all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) into food processor and blend until smooth. Mix in chocolate chips. Serve with fruit, graham crackers, rice chips….ENJOY!
Here are a couple other thoughts/notes for today…..
- One cup of orange juice has 24g of sugar – double the amount of an orange. Stick with the fruit.
- Nuts are a great snack, but calorie dense! Watch your portions. Mix in air popped popcorn or whole grain cereal to reduce calories and fat. This makes a great snack or item to pack in the kids lunch!
- When you are faced with a cheese and cracker platter at a party or for a snack at home, eat the cheese with fresh-cut apples or pears instead of the crackers.
- Superbowl is coming up! If you are heading to a party, offer to take an appetizer that you know will be a good choice; like a veggie platter with hummus or black bean dip!
- Instead of topping your baked potato or bowl of chili with sour cream, try Greek yogurt or sliced avocado instead.
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!