End of Day 3
…and I am ready for bed.
It has been a tiring and emotional day and I am going to listen to my body and go to bed early.
- Water intake: Today was 96 ounces; and I had 2 cups of herbal tea. This doesn’t include the water in my shakes. Going by the rule of drinking 1/2 my body weight in ounces, I had plenty. It also may be a good idea to slow my water intake NOW for the day seeing as I was up 2 times last night to go to the bathroom!
- Exercise: I taught a low intensity 45-minute Power Sculpt class this morning at 6am. As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog I was going to do yoga today….I did do some extra stretching, but no yoga. Again, I listened to my body…
- Digestion: yes, I have to go there! Many people think with a cleanse (especially one that has a Fiber Sweep drink) that they will be in the bathroom all of the time. This was not the case at all. In fact, I have been more regular than ever! SO all good there 🙂
- Energy level: My energy level was low today. This was kind of disappointing because I don’t feel that I should have been this tired. BUT, it also could have something to do with the fact that I was up at 4:30am and had one of my dearest friends moved away today (hence the emotional day I previously mentioned).
- Overall: I feel lighter, less bloated, accomplished and proud of myself for sticking to the plan (particularly during the summer!)
Since my day started so early this morning, I did have to switch some things around as far as nutrition went. I also accidentally opened the Vanilla Protein Shake mid-morning, instead of the Fiber Sweep…oops! But all turned out ok and I made it work.
Here is what today looked like:
- Pre-class: 10 ounces of water with juice of 1 lemon, 1/3 cup blueberries and 6 strawberries
- Breakfast: Vegan Shakeology and 1/2 a banana
- Lunch (early): Vanilla Protein shake and 2 cups of greens w/ 2 tbsp avocado, lemon juice and turmeric
- Fiber Sweep
- Afternoon snack: 2 tbsp hummus and 3 celery stalks
- Dinner: 1 1/2 cups kale w/ 2 tsp raw sunflower seeds, 1/2 a diced tomato and 2 cups of sautéed green beans w/ 1 tsp olive oil
I do want to mention that my dinner was different today (more veggies) than the past 2 days because I did not have the Vanilla Protein shake. I felt like that shake gave me TONS of energy and enough so that I am not sure I liked drinking it at dinner (mainly because when I need to get up early the next morning, I don’t want to be awake until 11pm – but that’s just me 🙂 I like my early bedtime)
Some of you have also asked about the ingredients in the shakes. You can click the logo below to learn more about the Vegan Shakeology.
As far as the Vanilla Protein Shake goes it is entirely plant protein (20g per shake) with 22 essential vitamins and minerals. It contains clinically tested potato protein extract to help curb hunger, no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, or sweeteners. This is also a perfect source of fiber, and it is dairy free and soy free!
That wraps up day 3. I will post my final thoughts on The 3-Day Refresh tomorrow 🙂