by Lindsey in Dinner, Recipes October 6, 2015
Cool, cloudy weather always seems like a good time to make some chili! But, fall is here. Football season is here and chili time is here.
Enjoy! and if you are looking for a vegetarian option, try this recipe with veggie broth, sweet potato chunks, and some more beans.
- 2 lbs organic ground chicken
- 1 can organic black beans
- 5 organic carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 28oz can of organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder – to taste
- **2 tbsp cocoa powder** – the “secret” ingredient
Sauté all veggies and garlic in a pan with olive oil until soft. Cook ground chicken. Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on high for 5-6 hours. Serve with side salad and/or cornbread!
Perfect…..I was needing a chili recipe for a get together with friends!