January 2013 Nutrition Challenge
Remember the 7 day SUGAR-less Challenge back in October?? Did you participate? We had about 45+ participants; all of whom had amazing results and noticed significant changes in weight, energy, cravings, etc.
Well here we are, about to embark 2013!! What better way to kick it off than with a nutritional challenge after all of those Christmas cookies and New Years Eve treats?? Many of you have asked for help with eating smarter and feeling better – so here we go!!
This challenge is more significant than the last and will test your willpower; however, I have no doubt that you all can do it!! If you sincerely want to make a difference in your eating habits and change the way you feel on a daily basis, then you will make the committment. It takes 21 days to establish a new habit; you must make a conscious DECISION, become AWARE, DISCIPLINE yourself, and be CONSISTENT over TIME! If you do these simple things, you will succeed.
21-day Eat Clean Challenge starts January 7-27th 2013
Rules for the challenge:
- Eat only foods that have not been overly processed with added preservatives & chemicals. A few simple rules to follow – if there are more than 5 ingredients on the food label, don’t eat it. If you cannot pronounce an ingredient on the food label, don’t eat it. If it sounds like a science experiment ingredient, don’t eat it.
- Keep portion sizes under control. (ie – 1 cupped hand=1/2 cup, 2 thumbs=1 tbsp, palm of hand=3oz.)
- Drink plenty of water. 1/2 your body weight in ounces is a good general guide.
- Choose healthy fats – nuts, avocados, olive oil. These are “good for you” fats and necessary for a healthy, balanced diet and proper absorption of vitamins and minerals. Again, watch your portions.
- Eat only lean proteins sources – chicken, turkey, fish – staying away from saturated fats.
- Eat breakfast everyday within an hour of waking to get your metabolism going – even if it is something small!
- Take note and reduce the amount of sodium and sugar consumed. Just cutting out processed foods will decrease both immensely.
- Grocery shop the perimeter of the grocery store. If you need assistance with this, let me know!
I, ________________ commit to the rules listed above. I will eat a clean, healthy diet for 21 days starting January 7th.
Again, this challenge is for YOU! If you are going to join us, please send me an email at Lindsey@FitEnvyNC.com stating “I’m committed!” I will be sending out frequent emails with recipes and nutritional information throughout the challenge. If you need help or suggestions, please let me know. Feel free to share this with family & friends and get them to join you!!! The more support, the better.
Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers
Not at all – share away 🙂
Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I
guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying
your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any helpful hints for first-time blog writers? I’d certainly appreciate it.
Hi Dallas! Thanks for the comments on my blog. The only suggestions I would have for you are to be real in your writing and if you feel it, write it! Good luck 🙂
[…] I take 2-3 cycling classes a week, plus two TRX classes. (TRX is my favorite class and has really helped me deal with chronic back pain.) I track my calories with My Fitness Pal, and I add or change my fitness goals about once a month. I still eat a pretty normal diet – no foods are off limits, but I track my calories and try to make the most of the calorie allowance given to me on My Fitness Pal. One of my New Year’s Resolution for 2013 is to focus on cleaner eating and better nutrition. I was successful with my 2012 New Year’s fitness resolution and want to keep my health and fitness on the right path. I am currently participating in a 3-week Nutrition Challenge hosted by Lindsey Fisher at Fit Envy NC Training and Fitness – http://fitenvync.wordpress.com/2012/12/29/january-2013-nutrition-challenge/ […]