Pinterest and Delicious Recipes!
I remember about 2 years ago when my very crafty neighbor said, “Lindsey – you would love Pinterest! It’s this virtual bulletin board where people can follow you and you can find ideas for anything and everything.”
My first thought and comment at that point, “Are you kidding me, Michalle? I don’t have time for yet another social media “time-sucker.”
Now I am thanking her, as I get so many FABULOUS ideas and networking opportunities from Pinterest. Who is the genius that came up with this brilliant site anyways??!
There are certain categories on Pinterest that are uber popular and followed by thousands. Travel tops the list; as finding pins and travel destinations with crystal blue waters and pristine mountain peaks are abundant. Followed closely by fashion tips, home décor ideas and delectable recipes.
I look forward to my “down time” many nights as I sit in bed browsing Pinterest for new house projects for Jay to complete in all of his spare time and delicious new recipes for me to share with our family and friends. Many of the recipes spark and idea and I modify to make them my own.
Two of which I made this weekend and want to share with all of you because they were so healthy, delicious and EASY!!
Chopped Kale Salad
- Rinse and de-stem one bunch of kale and chop into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tsp local honey, 1tbsp olive oil, kosher salt and pepper.
- Mix kale and dressing together and top with ¼ cup dried cranberries, 2-3 tbsp sunflower seeds and 3 tbsp fresh grated parmesan.
Spaghetti Squash with Avocado Sauce
- Cut squash in ½ lengthwise and remove seeds. Flip inside face down in roasting dish and cook in 400 degree oven for 35 minutes. Scrape flesh of squash out with a fork to make “spaghetti.”
- Add 2 large handfuls of fresh organic spinach to squash and cover to let the spinach wilt.
- Combine 1-2 avocados, ½ cup chopped parsley, 2 minced garlic cloves, juice of ½ a large lime, kosher salt, pepper and dash of cayenne in a food processor until creamy.
- Top squash/spinach mixture with avocado sauce
So now share with us – if you are on Pinterest, what are your favorite pins?? What boards do you have fun and interesting items pinned to?