What is this?? No blogs for months and then 2 in a row?! I know…..I promise to be more consistent (it’s on my goals list!)
On Saturday, I returned from an awesome week with my family at Topsail Beach; and I was in the mood to cook up some goodness in the kitchen!
We arrived home around 3:00 on Saturday; only to empty the car, throw in a load of laundry, shower and leave for a friend’s 40th birthday party, followed by a party at our community pool that the kids could not miss!
Having extremely limited groceries in the house and about 45 minutes to shower and make a dish to share at the party; this is what I came up with and I think it will be my future “go-to” dish!
Cannellini Bean and Pepper Dip
- I can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tsp Greek Seasoning
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 red pepper – diced
- ½ sweet Vidalia onion – diced
- Feta cheese
- *In a Pyrex dish: drizzle olive oil to cover the bottom. Layer beans, spices, diced red pepper, diced onion and top with feta. Serve with blue corn chips. Simple and delicious. I actually ended up eating this over my salad at the party.
Sunday morning seemed like a good one for protein pancakes. I have spent many Sundays trying to perfect my pancake recipe; blueberry pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, vanilla protein pancakes, corn pancakes…….but this was one of my favorites!
(note: these sound very sweet, but they really are not)
- 2/3 cups gluten-free oats (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 ½ tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice from Savory Spice Shop-that’s what I used)
- 1 heaping tbsp PB2
- 1 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- *Mix all dry ingredients together in a magic bullet or food processor.
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
- *Blend all wet ingredients and add to the dry mixture.
Spray griddle or pan with coconut oil cooking spray (I get this at Trader’s too!) Top pancakes with chopped walnuts and 100% pure maple syrup for a delicious bite of heaven! I served these to my kids with sliced peaches and strawberries.
I must admit, I am really estimating on the amounts of ingredients (besides the oats). When I cook, it’s usually a little of this and a little of that……and walla, DONE!
If you try either of these, post here and let me know how you like them!