Summer Basil & Tomato
Enjoy this tasty side dish at your next cookout!
- 6oz brown rice pasta
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic – I use more b/c I LOVE garlic and it is good for you!
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4oz reduced-fat feta cheese
Cook pasta. Combine cooked pasta, tomatoes, grapes, and basil in a large bowl. While pasta cooks, combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil to vinegar mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle vinaigrette over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with feta.