The MOST delicious oatmeal ever!
It’s the weekend and if you did not see my Facebook post earlier this week and are a fan of oatmeal, you NEED to make this recipe! I thought this would last for at least a couple of meals in my house, but no such luck. Gone in about 2 hours!
This is a great recipe to make this weekend…and the kids LOVED it. Even Jordan, my 11-year-old who doesn’t really eat oatmeal loved it! Double the recipe to ensure you have extra.
Peach (or any fruit – we used apples) baked oatmeal:
2 cups rolled oats
1/8 – 1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly (or melted and cooled butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups chopped peaches
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Use cooing spray to grease an 8×8 square baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and almonds.
3. In another medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, and almond extract.
4. Arrange the chopped peaches (or apples, pears, berries) on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the oat mixture evenly over the peaches. Pour the almond milk mixture over the oats. Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk covers the oats evenly. If desired, add a few sliced peaches to the top of the oatmeal to add color & make it look nice
5. Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.
Makes enough for leftovers (possibly). When reheating in the microwave, add a splash of almond milk for extra creaminess! **Use gluten-free oats to make this recipe 100% gluten-free.**