What to do on the last day of the year?
Your list of resolutions (because I am certain you are writing them down) most likely has something on that list to do with weight loss, getting in better shape, eating healthy, etc. The thing is, are you making those goals SMART goals?? Are they Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Reasonable, Timely?
Does one of your goals look like this: “I want to exercise and lose weight in 2014.”
Or does it look like this: “I have my fitness plan of getting to the gym 5 days a week in the mornings set up as appointments on my phone. I will gain muscle definition and lose 10 lbs by March. I will eat healthier by cutting out red meat and planning ahead for healthy snacks.”
See the difference? Big difference.
Write down your resolution and share them! Here are a few of mine:
- I have abundant wealth flowing into my life, so that my family is able to save and spend as needed without worry.
- My business is flourishing and through it I am able to help thousands of people change their lives for the better through fitness and nutrition.
- I am teaching fitness/nutrition seminars at least once a week to large groups and/or businesses.
- I have amazing, open and honest relationships with all of my family and friends.
- I can hold a handstand for 30 seconds.
- I can do 10 pull-ups in a row, unassisted. (Yes, I always struggle with pull ups!!)
- I have conquered a great tracking system for my business and am actively involved in several networking groups to help other like-minded people grow their businesses.
Now, I want to hear from you!! Comment and share one of your goals for 2014.
If you are headed out tonight to celebrate and bid farewell to 2013, please enjoy and be safe!