Almond Butter Chocolate Cups
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 cup organic almond butter
1 scoop chocolate protein powder (choose a quality protein!)
¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon pink salt
1 bag dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Place almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Stir ingredients until well combined then remove from heat.
- Add in protein powder, oats and salt. Stir again until oats are evenly coated.
- Place an equal amount of oats into muffin tin (12 count muffin tin) and press down batter until firm.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and coconut oil – stirring every 30 seconds so they do not burn.
- Pour melted chocolate amount over each oat cup.
- Place in fridge for at least an hour before eating.
Enjoy as a delicious dessert or snack.
TIP: Chocolate lovers…70% + cacao is the healthier option. Some good brands of chocolate chips are Lilly’s, Simply Balanced, and Enjoy Life.