This is Me
As I sat in prayer and reflection last Sunday morning, I was reminded of how impeccably unique each one of us is. How we are each so wonderfully made, with our strengths and weaknesses that allow us to thrive in our own ways, and connect with other people and personalities. We are fully made to live life through these ever-lasting or seasonal connections with one another.
As I went on to church, again I was vividly reminded of living within a community; thriving through devotion, authenticity, growth, serving and loving one another. Being vulnerable and bringing our true selves to the table.
Prompting these thoughts…
Who are my people?
Who is it that I break bread with?
Who do I pray with?
Who are the people that I spend time with and love strongly and unconditionally?
What about YOU?
What is it that we connect over?
What are some of my favorite THINGS that generate and support a strong, meaningful RELATIONSHIP?
So, here it is. Some of the things that are me.
A glimpse of my favorite things.
What are yours? Maybe we should connect!
- God. Prayer. Faith.
- Living with intention & gratitude.
- My family – and every moment of crazy that comes with it .
- Coffee. Good coffee. Sweet, quaint coffee shops, and big mugs.
- My nap blanket.
- Cooking healthy food.
- Talking to my brothers.
- Salty foods.
- Helping others.
- A good night of sleep.
- Locally owned, farm to table restaurants.
- Small business connections & community support.
- Kindness. Paying it forward. Handwritten notes.
- Spiritual growth.
- Establishing a legacy.
- Cute journals and self-development books.
- The seasons and changes in nature.
- Sweaty Bands & dry shampoo.
- Visiting mom – always feels like home.
- Walks with friends. Walks with the dogs. Walks by myself. Walks to catch up on the phone.
- Cute workout clothes.
- The ocean, the beach, and salty air.
- The Joyce Meyers podcast.
- Coffee and Kettlebells podcast.
- Homemade acai bowls.
- Big salads with eclectic ingredients.
- The mountains.
- Being a teacher and a mentor.
- A good pen.
- Bold red wines.
- Learning about new wine.
- Pairing wine and food.
- Wine tasting.
- Watching my daughter play volleyball.
- Watching my son excel in school & sports.
- Deep breaths and guided meditation.
- Front porch conversations.
- Sharing past stories and family history.
- Rustic, modern design styles.
- Burn Boot Camp.
- The Melting Point Hot Yoga.
- Laughter with my husband, kids, and girlfriends. All kinds of laughter.
- Learning new things. Taking a new class.
- Costco, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods.
- My foam roller.
- My house plants.
- Quiet mornings alone.
- Loud Friday nights with family/friends.
- Olives and charcuterie boards.
- White wine at lunch on a Friday.
- Clean sheets on a Sunday night.
- Date nights with my husband.
- The feeling of being listened to.
- Healthy foods. Recreating unhealthy recipes to make them healthy.
- Empowering women.
- Hiking and crisp mountain air.
- Baseball hats.
- Cute earrings.
- Organizing and de-cluttering.
- All shades of the color blue – especially the blue of the Caribbean.
- Reusable straws and cups.
- Ginger tea from Trader Joe’s.
- Starting the week with a hard workout.
- Almond butter and chocolate.
- More chocolate, but dark only.
- Running with friends.
- Running in the morning as the sun rises.
- A physical challenge.
- A rainy Sunday (sometimes).
- NC blue skies.
- Sunrise, sunsets, and the stars in between.
- Tracking my heart rate and sleep. Yes, I enjoy doing this.
- Roasted vegetables.
- High waisted leggings.
- On Cloud running shoes.
- Charleston, SC.
- Sitting at a wine bar and people watching.
- Capturing a great photo of people, places, or things (or food).
Happy Weekend, friends!
Such a great message this Friday. Love so many of those things that are “you”. Keep putting the good stuff out there friend. My only wish is that we could slow and multiply time to spend more time with each other.
My sweet friend, thank you for your feedback 🙂 And yes, we most definitely need to carve out some “us” time <3