Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup organic creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup almond meal (or Bob’s Red Mill GF Baking Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Sprinkle of Maldon sea salt flakes
- In a large bowl combine the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until combined completely.
- Add the almond meal, baking soda, and pink salt and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie dough in the fridge for at least an hour, but up to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to make the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out rounds, two inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes – taking them out when the edges are golden brown and the centers have puffed up.
- Sprinkle with sea salt flakes.